- Monitors the firstname.lastname@example.org account
- Communicates with potential members by email, arranging interviews (in person or on Skype), and checking references
- Drafts of correspondence to members (initial contact, setting up interview, accepting/rejecting applicant) are kept in the "Drafts" folder of the gmail account.
- Badger people for their summer / next-year plans, manage re-signing of leases, room switches (requires resigning lease!), subleases
Gets one less cooking during membership season (from January until when the house is full)
Timeline for Finding Members Edit
- Post ads on Craigslist/Facebook/etc. Hang flyers around town (Flying M, Red Herring, academic buildings, bookstores, etc). Make ads descriptive of the room that is available, and outline the responsibilities of living in a co-op. Include a link to the application.
- When someone applies, contact them ASAP (within one day, ideally). Give them 2-3 options for interview dates in the next week. If they are not in town, say that we can interview over Google Hangouts / Skype. Interviews are over dinner, at 7pm (be careful of time zones for remote interviews!!!). For in person interviews, send them our address and emphasize that we are in *Urbana*.
- Confirm interview over email the day of, and resend address / hangouts link.
- Call references and ask about how much the applicant contributes to house through chores, etc; if they are dependable for rent.
- If interview is over computer, set up the computer by 6:45 (connect to TV in living room). Make sure audio/video works. Connect to external speaker if possible.
- If interview is in person, hang out in living room starting at 6:45 so you can open the front door.
- Welcome person / make small talk / show them how getting food works.
- Let other house members ask questions, but if there's an awkward pause in convo, have questions ready to go.
- Take person on house tour.
- Tell them you'll get back to them within (one week / two weeks / etc)
- Bring vote up at next house meeting
- Relay result to applicant and if accepted, give them a copy of the lease, tenant-landlord agreement, lead notice, check-in form (in Gmail Drafts folder)
- If they are rejected, point them toward Harvest / Jonahps if they have open spots
- Set up a day/time for the new member to move in
- BE THERE AT THIS TIME and COLLECT SECURITY DEPOSIT AND SIGNED LEASE before letting member move in!! Very important!!!
- Give member room and house key
- Set up member mail pocket