Welcome to Gwendolyn Brooks Co-operative! We hope that you will enjoy your time with the co- op. There are a great many ways in which you will contribute to the life of Brooks Co-op, some of which will be explained later on in this handbook, and some of which you will discover for yourself.
The purpose of this wiki is to help current and new members get familiar with our policies. Please take some time to read through it. This will help you learn how the co-op works, and why it works that way.
Once you have read the handbook, you should be ready to do the things expected of all members:
- Attend House Meetings (the more the better!)
- Cook House Dinners (the tastier the better!)
- Do your Chores (the cleaner the better!)
- Abide by House Rules (the abided-by the... nevermind)
- Help out with Minor Maintenance and Work Days
- Be a Fun and Cooperative Housemate
- Pay your Rent
The policies here are not perfect and should not be viewed as unchangeable. Once you know how things are working now, if you can see a better way to do something, suggest changes! The co-op belongs to you, not to the people who wrote this handbook.
Relevant Links Edit